Monday, September 27, 2010

Don't judge a book by its cover...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

-Helen Keller

I don't know about you, but, I think we hold beauty in too high of a standard. We think less of those who we feel are not beautiful and don't want to be seen with them. Or maybe we want to be seen with them so that we look better next to them. Either way, it's a totally wrong attitude! Whether or not someone is beautiful does not change who they are inside. A beautiful person can be a mean ugly person inside just as an ugly person can have a beautiful heart, not just vice versa! I say DON'T JUDGE!
I feel people judging me all the time. Even my friends do it sometimes. I will be honest, I am certainly not skinny and I am certainly not very attractive, but looks are not a good reason not to get to know someone!!!!! It makes me so angry when guys only go for the pretty skinny girls. I'm not saying that girls that are pretty are less human but give both sides a chance! It's not fair to be so mean to those that WE FEEL are not as good looking. Who can help how they are born? Tell me, WHO CHOSE THEIR FACE?!? WHY IS ONE THING BEAUTIFUL AND ONE THING UGLY?!? WHO DECIDES WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL?!?
Well, I have said my piece. But, take my advice. Give the guy/girl a chance, get to know them before you cross them off the list of potential mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment